How will your child benefit from the program?
- Increase in vocabulary, language complexity and enhanced receptive, expressive and spontaneous language development
- Enhanced cognition, understanding and learning
- Augmented digestive, immune, and skin health as well as ritual sleep patterns
- Improvements in focus, impulsivity and attention
- Increased tolerance to touch
- Developed understanding of emotions and how to express
- Decreased self-stimulating and self-harming behaviour
- Improvement interacting and socializing with peers and family
Program will include:
- Optimization of digestive health– Biomedical treatment emphasizes the gut-brain connection and places strong emphasis in the importance of re-creating the balance of good microbes in the digestive tract by rotating through different strains of probiotics to improve the overall gut microbiome.
- Identification & Elimination Food sensitivities– Identification of food sensitivities and elimination of offending foods is often among the most powerful treatments used in the treatment of ASD’s. Also critical component is gastrointestinal healing where the digestive system is able to better absorb nutrients.
- Immune system support– common to detect fungal infections and/or parasitic infections which can contribute to severity of autistic presentation. By eradicating any infection, the immune system will be rebalanced.
- Nutrient supplementation with good quality nutraceuticals– individuals with an ASD diagnosis often have increased requirements for several basic, essential vitamins and minerals. Without supplementation, many key biological processes are slowed or blocked. Delivering appropriate doses of key nutrients and nutritional cofactors restores appropriate or near appropriate function to dozens of key enzyme systems within the body. Methylcobalamin injections (vitamin B12) and other methylation support will also be integrated into treatment.
- Support Detoxification environmental and heavy metal burden– assessment and treatment targeting elimination of toxin burden achieves highly significant improvement to symptoms when elevated toxin burden is present.
Potential synergistic treatments include:
- Occuptional Therapy
- Behavioral therapy programs (Son Rise, ABA, HANDLE, IBI, RDI)
- Speech and Language therapy
- Chiropractic and/or Osteopathic manual adjustments
- Possible Testing
- Urinary Organic Acid Test
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis & Parasitology
- Microbial Stool profile
- Yeast culture and sensitivity
- Food Sensitivity Testing
- Heavy metal Analysis
- Genetic polymorphism assessment
- Vitamin D spot test
- Neurotransmitter levels
- Hormone levels (saliva or blood)
- Blood tests (CBC, celiac panel, vitamin A, D, B12, MMA, plasma zinc, serum copper, ferritin, Thyroid, liver and kidney function tests, cholesterol and essential fatty acids, as well as immune markers)
It is important to note that early intervention will yield the most dramatic improvement. While biomedical therapies can be used on autistic individuals of any age, the efficacy of treatment is more pronounced in young children. In order to maximize you child’s social, psychological and emotional development, it is strongly encouraged that he/she start treatment as soon as possible.